Thursday, September 16, 2010

30 Things About My Invisible Illness You May Not Know

As part of invisible Illness here are my 30

1. The illness I live with is: To many, JRA, MCTD, Felty's
2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: approx 1985
3. But I had symptoms since: 1984
4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is: asking for help
5. Most people assume: I'm not sick because I look fine, or I am mean
6. The hardest part about mornings are: getting up
7. My favorite medical TV show is: Scrubs
8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is:
9. The hardest part about nights are: my mind won't stop thinking so I can sleep
10. Each day I take __ pills & vitamins. (No comments, please)6
11. Regarding alternative treatments I: yoga, bellydance, massage therapy, reiki
12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: invisible
13. Regarding working and career: I thought I would be further along than I am, and am slowly accepting I will need disability
14. People would be surprised to know: That I struggle emotionally and physically on a daily basis, because I hide it from them.
15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: been at it for 25 years this is not new to me
16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was: Have a beautiful daughter
17. The commercials about my illness: make me laugh,
18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is: I was 8 I dont remember
19. It was really hard to have to give up: running and dancing
20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: crafts
21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: run a marathon
22. My illness has taught me: patience, humility, kindness, acceptance
23. Want to know a secret? One thing people say that gets under my skin is: why do you get to park in handicap
24. But I love it when people: help me without me having to ask, my inner circle knows
25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is:
26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them: Things will be fine and I am here to listen and help.
27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is:
28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: brushed my hair, bring my ice cream. Listen to me, and hold me when I freak out
29. I’m involved with Invisible Illness Week because: There are so many wonderful friendships I have made. I need even more and need to have our voices heard.
30. The fact that you read this list makes me feel:

No comments:

Post a Comment